Please pay attention that the latest version of Condor(-emi) available in the EMI 3 third-party repositories (7.8.8/7.8.7) require extra steps after the update in order to have a working WMS:
Update 22 (10.11.2014) - v. 3.13.0-1
The Update contains:
- minor releases of APEL Parsers, v. 2.4.0 & APEL Publisher 4.3.0 (APEL 1.3.1-1), VOMS-admin server v. 3.3.1
- revision release of dCache server v. 2.6.35, DPM/LFC, v. 1.8.9, glite-proxyrenewal v. 1.3.36, VOMS clients v. 3.0.5 & native 2.0.12-2 , VOMS Java APIs, v. 3.0.4, VOMS server, v. 2.0.12
- repackage release of WMS, v. 3.6.6-2
- APEL Parsers, v. 2.4.0 & APEL Publisher 4.3.0 (APEL 1.3.1-1)
- dCache server v. 2.6.35
- DPM/LFC, v. 1.8.9
- glite-proxyrenewal v. 1.3.36
- VOMS clients v. 3.0.5 & native 2.0.12-2 , VOMS Java APIs, v. 3.0.4
- VOMS server, v. 2.0.12 & VOMS-admin server, v. 3.3.1
- WMS Server v. 3.6.6-2
- affected service: CREAM
- Corrected the handling of multiple FQANs in blah logs so that the role and group are taken from the first (i.e. primary) FQAN rather than the last. This will impact the summarising of job records when there are multiple roles and groups listed.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the parser encountered an empty file.
- Added support for parsing fractional seconds in XML usage records.
- Fixed database loader crash when save_messages was set to false.
- Added options to unloader.conf to allow the unloader to unload more than just the current and previous months.
- Added support for APEL servers to be sent normalised summaries using the new summary job record format (v0.3).
- Some views used by the central APEL server, which shouldn't be needed by regional servers, have been separated out into server-extra.sql.
- For more details see Extended Changelog
- Regional servers should read the upgrade documentation below and open a GGUS ticket if they require assistance - https://github.com/apel/apel/blob/dev/server_upgrade.md
- Clients can use their normal update procedure for the packages they use, i.e. yum update
- Parser not yet compatible with new version of Univa Grid Engine (version 8.2.0) which now reports time in milliseconds instead of seconds.
- affected service: dCache server
- dCache server, v. 2.6.35
- FIXES AFFECTING MULTIPLE SERVICES
- The nfs and srm both cache replies from gPlazma to increase the speed of authenticating and identifying the user. Previously transient errors when communicating with gPlazma were also cached, delaying the recovery time from such errors. Now, such errors are not cached.
- No longer trigger an NullPointerException when opening the .(parent)() dot-command file in Chimera's root directory.
- Fix xrootd support for vector read. The problem was discovered with ROOT v6, which reports errors like Single readv transfer is too large.
- Fix problems when calculating a response to the kXR_set request. If encountered, the problem results in the following being logged, where nnn in xrootd-disk-nnn is some integer number:
- Uncaught exception in thread xrootd-disk-nnn java.lang.IllegalStateException: null
- For more details see dCache server 2.6.35 - Extended Release Notes
- FIXES AFFECTING MULTIPLE SERVICES
- Please notice that due to the change to jpnfs-0.0.5, all NFS clients (v3 and v4) have to unmount prior update.
- Please read the preliminary version of the Ultimate Golden Release Upgrade Guide carefully.
- affected services: DPM, LFC, UI, WN
- Bird's view:
- dmlite 0.7: Includes mysql, config, profiler, memcache, adapter dpm-dsi 1.9.3 dpm-xrootd 3.3.6 webdav 0.15 lcgdm 1.8.9
- Extensive Logging Consolidation effort in the core components, the source structure, and the test infrastructure
- Stable, continuous stress testing on the CERN testbeds (LAN) and performance regression monitoring
- Stable, continuous performance/stability testing towards the Collaboration testbeds (WAN)
- Several high impact performance improvements in the core components In-memory caching of pool/fs info in DMLite adapter
- Bye bye YAIM, welcome Puppet
- Realtime multiprotocol monitoring Xrootd-like
- Reduce the time each MySQL conn is held (means less connections used)
- Memcache improvements, local memory caching of always-accessed information dpm-listspaces
- Glue2 additions and fixes to the calculations LCGDM core: little fixes Released the ARGUS poller to EMI3
- For more details see DPM 1.8.9 - Extended Release Notes
- yum update
- Bug Fixes:
- affected services: glite-PX, WMS
- This is a rebuild of ProxyRenewal with the new major version of MyProxy (v. 6). There were updated manual pages. This revision also introduces packaging updates to better follow existing packaging guidelines, and missing runtime dependency on psmisc were added.
- For more details see PX 1.0.26-1 - Extended Release Notes
- Upon update, restart the ProxyRenewal daemon by calling /etc/init.d/glite-proxy-renewald restart.
- 32-bit packages are available but the metapackage won't install due to missing bdii or dependencies thereof, respectively. It is still possible to install 32-bit proxyrenewal and perform yaim-less configuration.
- affected services: CREAM, UI, WN, STORM, VOMS
- VOMS Clients 3.0.5 provide a new packaging which can coexist with the native, 2.0.12 clients (also released today). The new packaging of both packages allows the installer to choose which client should take precedence using the alternatives system. By default, the 3.x clients take precedence. The new clients also provide several bugfixes and leverage the latest VOMS Java APIs, as highlighted in the release notes. Starting with this release, the clients are also available on Maven Central;
- VOMS API Java 3.0.4 providing fixes for several issues in support for the clients release;
- For more details see VOMS API Java 3.0.4 - Extended Release Notes
- Please follow the instructions in the VOMS clients guide.
- affected services: VOMS server
- VOMS-Admin server 3.3.1 provides support for the configurable selection of enabled SSL protocols and cipher suites. VOMS-Admin v. 3.3.0 disabled SSL3 by default, but we have found out that mkgridmap clients would stop working with that setting. This version does not disable SSLv3 by default, but provides the ability to do it at a later time by changing a configuration parameter.
- More details in the VOMS-admin server 3.3.1 - Extended release notes.
- VOMS-Admin server 3.3.0 provides bugfixes and improvements in the integration with the CERN Organizational Database
- More details in the VOMS-admin server 3.3.0 - Extended release notes.
- VOMS server 2.0.12-2 fixes a problem in the RPM packaging that prevented mock builds to behave correctly.
- More details in the VOMS server 2.0.12-2 - Extended release notes.
- VOMS server 2.0.12 which provides several bugfixes. In particular, some segfaults have been resolved and the server now correctly throttles incoming requests
- More details in the VOMS server 2.0.12 - Extended release notes.
- Please follow VOMS System Administrator Guide.
- affected services: WMS
- This is a rebuild of WMS-ICE with the new major version of MyProxy (v. 6)
- Just update package, no reconfiguration is needed:
#yum update glite-wms-ice