Full list of 56 EMI 1 Kebnekaise Products, with detailed release notes and instructions for their installation/configuration.
VOMS v. 2.0.0
- Voms packaging has been changed to install into system directories. For example, this means that executables are in /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, configuration files in /etc/voms, etc...
- A REST interface is available to obtain VOMS attribute certificates.
- There are no longer dependencies on globus anywhere. However, on-the-wire compatibility with previous versions of VOMS is still maintained.
- Compatibility with EPEL installation.
- Installation/Configuration: https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/VOMSystemAdministratorGuide
- Due to a memory leak discovered in VOMS Java APIs 2.0.9 this version was deprecated, and a rollback to the 2.0.8 codebase is provided in EMI repositories with the 2.0.9-2 version:
- Possible affected services: - ARGUS, StoRM-GridHTTPS-server
- To apply the rollback, after checking if version 2.0.9-1 is present on your node, execute the following:
# yum clean all
# yum upgrade voms-api-java
- Affected services need also a restart:
- ARGUS, in this order:
# service argus-pap restart
# service argus-pdp restart
# service argus-pepd restart
# service tomcat5 restart
- ARGUS, in this order:
Extended release notes
The following notes apply to this release of VOMS.
- All the globus_flavor versions of the APIs have disappeared. They are not present in the EPEL release, and there was no reason why they should appear here. Link to the plain library instead.
- The libvomsc.so library has disappeared. It was deprecated since 2006, and since 2006 libvomsapi offered both the C and C++ interfaces. Link to that instead. Indeed, libvomsc for four years has been nothing else than a renamed libvomsapi.
- Globus is no longer a dependency, neither at buildtime nor at runtime. Since the library only used OpenSSL, and the Globus we got from VDT uses the system OpenSSL anyway, there was no reason to continue depending on Globus. This has some consequences on the usage of libvomsapi in a threaded environment, see the section about thread in release notes of this patch (http://savannah.cern.ch/patch/?2717) for details
- Those same notes also mention that as a consequence, the RetrieveFromCtx() function/method is no longer available. It was not a widely used function anyway, and example code on how to obtain the same functionality may be easily obtained by writing one's own version.
- As a consequence of all the previous points, the new libraries are incompatible at the ABI level with the ones in EGEE, and consequently have had their version increased to one.
- Until the globus bug referred in savannah bug #81663 (https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?81633) is fixed, the --policy option of voms-proxy-init (and grid-proxy-init if you have it installed) MUST NOT be used.
- voms client man pages still refer to edg
- voms-proxy-info on non-VOMS proxy gives a misleading error
- VOMS_Init redeclares emailAddress certificate attribute to Email
- org.glite.security.voms-api-cpp using cp -a not POSIX compliant
- VOMS: Some issues with the voms server start-up script
- VOMS: ./configure --disable-glite doesn't work
- VOMS: ./configure must not hardcode the use of lib64 for x86_64
- VOMS: Missing dependency in src/utils/Makefile.am
- VOMS: Check some more file locations in the java code
- VOMS: Missing casts after Java clone()
- VOMS: The jar should not be installed with executable permissions
- VOMS: Javadoc complains
- VOMS: Shell script syntax errors
- VOMS: mysql.m4 not portable
- VOMS: Missing LDFLAGS for loadable module
- VOMS: automake complains about undeqouted macro
- VOMS: The VOMS mysql plugin should link to -lcrypto
- VOMS: C++ protection in C header
- voms-proxy-init seg faults when running with no arguments
- VOMS: Some issues with the voms install database script
- Strange error message.
- VOMS: Java compilation fails with gcj
- VOMS: Does not compile on RHEL3/SLC3
- VOMS: voms needs porting to openssl 1.0
- VOMS: Unconditional use of PIPE_BUF
- VOMS: configure adds -L/usr/lib64 to link flags
- voms init.d scrit can become confused.
- voms configure script reports wrong openssl version
- voms-proxy-info 1.9.17 AC verification behavior
- VOMS JAVA API: VOMSES file parser fails if a vomses line ends with space characters
- VOMS: voms-proxy-init does not display user suspension reason
- VOMS API doesn't reset SIGPIPE handler after reading LSC files
- VOMS: voms-proxy-init cannot distinguish among suspended and non existing VOMS user
- VOMS: The gLite-VOMS_mysql metapackage should depend on glite-security-voms-config
- voms-proxy-init check .voms/vomses but not .glite/vomses in EMI
- library files are in the wrong RPMs
- VOMS Debugging facility gets exported to other programs
- Functional Description
- User Guide (Part III,IV)
- Client Installation and Configuration (Part II, section 6)
- API Documentation (Part V)
- Service Interface description (Part I)
- System administrator guide : 1 (Part II), and 2
- Service Reference Card
- Man Pages/Online Help : Available online installing the RPMs
- Product factsheet